Inspirational quotes

Goals are the fuel in the furnace of achievement.
Brian Tracy, Eat that Frog

The significance of a man is not in what he attains but in what he longs to attain.
Kahil Gibran

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Check in

So it has been over a month since my first meeting with the nutrionist and I'm feeling really good about my progess.
Some of my goals that I  have set during our meetings are
1) Eat 1 fruit a day
2) Consume 2 milk/dairy each day
3) Take Calcium supplemtns
4) Take a Multivitamin
5) Take a Omega 3 supplement
6) Eat 3 servings of veggies, 1 at lunch and 2 at dinner
7) Work out at least 35 mins, 4 days a week.
8) try one new grain, veggie and fruit each week.

I tackled 2 food related goals and one exercise related goal a week.   I have been logging all my food since before June 26th.  I am shooting for 1400 to 1600 calories each day. 

So far I have had very few calorie slip ups.  Now the work out part I still stuggle to meet, but because I struggle to meet the 4 a day, I have been working out 2 to 3 times a week. 

My weight is dropping.  I'm currently at 187.8.  for a total of 9 lbs.  That is the most progress I have made in a long time!  9 lbs!  9Lbs.  looking at it now, it makes me feel a little proud!

The nutrionist meeting was just the kick in the pants I needed.  She and I have one more meeting and then I'm on my own.  it is a little scary, but I am sure I can keep it up...with the progress I have made so far I'm crazy if I don't

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great job on the 9 lbs!