Inspirational quotes

Goals are the fuel in the furnace of achievement.
Brian Tracy, Eat that Frog

The significance of a man is not in what he attains but in what he longs to attain.
Kahil Gibran

Monday, August 4, 2008

Tick Tock

Well the clock is ticking away on this little bundle of joy. Part of me wishes he were here, part of me can wait until he is supposed to be here. We are getting really close, but still a few weeks away from my due date.

Latest weigh in was 211.2. Up 5 lbs from last weigh in, but still in the 35 lbs range for total gain. I was hoping it would stay closer to 30 lbs, but all is well.

I live in Texas and I don't know if everyone else knows (well I bet Summer does) but we are on pace to hit a record breaking heat wave this summer. We have had 40+ days of 100+ heat...and MAN can I feel it. Especially as I get closer and closer to my due date.

Today might be my worse work day so far. My shoes are too tight and I am having to walk around in my stocking (well socks) feet. My wedding ring stopped fitting at about 8:30 am. Plus my work did some painting over the weekend and boy does it stink.

I wish I could go home and just wait for this little guy to be born, but I only have some much maternity leave and I want to use it all for once baby is here.

I am super thankful for air conditioning. I rarely spend that much time outside in the heat. Mainly going from the car to a store or from the house to the car...very little time in the heat. We spend sometime with my son in the backyard, but that is early in the morning before it hits 100.

1 comment:

Summer said...

It is miserable out, bless your heart. Hopefully Edouard will bring some rain our way tomorrow...

Can't wait to hear that the bundle is here!!!