Inspirational quotes

Goals are the fuel in the furnace of achievement.
Brian Tracy, Eat that Frog

The significance of a man is not in what he attains but in what he longs to attain.
Kahil Gibran

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Thinking about new goals

I started this blog with the idea of keeping an on-line journal on my journey to a healthy lifestyle. It helped me to make goals here because I could go back and check in on myself.

I have been thinking about my future goals now that the baby is here. I am nursing so full blown weight managment if coming into the picture, but I am still just a week and a half post delivery. I'm still moving slowly and haven't been released by the doctor.

My plan is to join weight watchers (either on line or at a meeting) and to start walking again once I am released to exercise by my doctor.

I have been hopping on the scale to see how the weight is coming off (faster or slower than last time). It seems to be coming off a little faster this time.

I am 10 days past delivery and I weighed in at 197 this morning. My high was 216 so that is a 19 lbs loss so far. Not too bad really. I know it will slow down soon and Iwill really have to work to get the rest of the weight off, but I am liking the way is it coming off so far.

I hope to be back at least in the 170's by December. That is my new goal. Hopefully I will be even less than that, but that is my goal for now.

1 comment:

Summer said...

Sounds like a very realistic goal for December!

And if you decide to start going to meetings when your doctor releases you, let me know. It'd be fun if we ended up in the same one down in our neck of the woods!