Inspirational quotes

Goals are the fuel in the furnace of achievement.
Brian Tracy, Eat that Frog

The significance of a man is not in what he attains but in what he longs to attain.
Kahil Gibran

Monday, April 13, 2009

Check in

One week down and I'm feeling pretty good.

Here is a review of the last week.
today's weight 194.6 (loss of 1.8)...I'll take it!!

I was able to stay on track most of the week, even with family in town for the holiday weekend. I did have 3 peeps, and about 20 jelly beans, but other than that, I didn't gorge on too much Easter candy.

I had several grilled chicken salads with oil based dressing and several steaks with veggies.

I made twice baked cauliflower from Kalyn's Kitchen. OMGoodness...it was soooo good. I made a pretty large batch for dinner friday night and the family says they liked it, but there were still plenty of left overs...I have enjoyed those leftovers every day since. I am having the last little bit for lunch today.

I am exploring more south beach phase one recipes from Kalyn's Kitchen. She has so many that sounds wonderful. I even bought the big bag of avocado's at Costco in hopes I would use them all. Last night I put one in the food mill for the baby and he loved it. I have plans for another one with this recipe for Avocado, tomatoes, edamane and red onion. It sounds great.

No comments: