Inspirational quotes

Goals are the fuel in the furnace of achievement.
Brian Tracy, Eat that Frog

The significance of a man is not in what he attains but in what he longs to attain.
Kahil Gibran

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Oh HAPPY day!

Oh it was such a happy, happy, happy day yesterday.




Friday I went through my 3 hour glucose test. I still have the bruises from the 4 needles to prove it several days later. Monday I kept waiting and waiting for that call telling me all was the same as last time and I had GD.

Well at 4pm, still no call. But I was out of town so I thought, well they have left me message somewhere else with the news. So I call my Dr. office and leave a message that I am out of town and to please call my cell with the lab results.

30 mins later I get a call from the Dr. office and they leave a message. I still have the message saved because I like hearing it. It said" Hi! This is Amy with Dr. L's office, everything from your lab results came back totally normal. Congratulations. You don't have gestational diabetes"

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!
OH MY GOODNESS!!!!

I was so happy to get that news. On so many levels. No extra dr. appts, no weekly non-stress tests, no weekly sonograms, no daily poking my fingers numerous times, no taking meds that I really don't want to because I'm pregnant. So many reasons.

2 comments:

Summer said...

YAY!!! I think I would have saved that message too... :-)

Twix said...

AWESOME! AWESOME!! AWESOME!!! Very happy for you & baby!!!! :D Great news!