Inspirational quotes

Goals are the fuel in the furnace of achievement.
Brian Tracy, Eat that Frog

The significance of a man is not in what he attains but in what he longs to attain.
Kahil Gibran

Monday, November 19, 2007

New day, new week, new attitude

I hope I can keep this up, but this morning I woke up at 4:30ish and worked out for 30 mins of the cardio machine (kind of like an eliptical) in our workout shed. Yes, workout shed. We had a storage shed in the backyard that is like a mini gym...TV, cardio machine and weight machine...why I don't use it more, I can't tell ya. But I did this morning!!!

I thought I wouldn't have a chance to walk after work, so I took the opportunity to work out this morning. It will be a busy holiday weekend for us and we will be traveling 6 hours from home. We won't be having a big feast, but still temptations will abound. I have a new attitude and I'm going to be revisiting my Beck Diet Solution Book. My goal is to get in at least one more work out this week...hopefully Tuesday afternoon.

I'm still feeling perky and upbeat right now. The sleepies might hit me later.

I didn't have the best food weekend, but today is a new day.

Food log 11/19/2007
Breakfast
4 oz. yogurt
1 whole wheat english muffin with almond butter
2 cups coffee with cream & slenda

Lunch - lean cuisine beef tips and brocoli (220 cals)
biscuit

dinner ????

2 comments:

Twix said...

It feels good to get up early! Hard to believe I can say that,lol. I do hate the mid afternoon sleepies. Maybe there is a food we can consume for a pick up. Not cheese though it puts me to sleep!

(((Thank you))) for thinking and praying for me! :D

Have a safe trip!

Chubby Chick said...

I hope the rest of your week went well. And I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving. :)