Inspirational quotes

Goals are the fuel in the furnace of achievement.
Brian Tracy, Eat that Frog

The significance of a man is not in what he attains but in what he longs to attain.
Kahil Gibran

Thursday, November 1, 2007

Recipe

Hello all. I am back at home but still settling in. I wanted to drop by and say hello and leave this recipe post. Summer mentioned a week ago about thinking about recipes to add to the holiday potlucks. It got me thinking about my holiday potlucks. I usually bring spinach dip, yummy creamy, not so healthy spinach dip. I thought this year I would pick a new healthier dish. Well I think I found one.

We had a Halloween potluck yesterday and one of our IT guys brought this. It was yummy and looks really easy to make. It requires a little chopping, but not too much. And look at those veggies and there is nothing creamy or too fattening in sight. Not sure what you would call it...Since it was a Halloween Party we called it Monster Brains Dip, but it seems like a black bean corn relish. Did I mention it was so tasty?!?! I ate it with tortilla chips, but pita chips might have made it even healthier.

1 can Rotel (drained)
1 can Black Beans (drained) ~ I would rinse them in cold water too
1 can White Shoepeg Corn (drained)

1 small Red Onion (chopped)
1 clove Garlic (chopped)
Cilantro (add to taste) (chopped)
½ cup Italian Dressing

Mix all ingredients together and let it sit in the fridge for at least an hour so it gets nice and cold.

If you want double the recipe use ¾ cup of Italian Dressing instead of 1 cup.


If you have a good healthy recipe that would make a good holiday fit, please tell me about it in comments. It can be a dip, side dish, casserole, dessert. I'll taken them all! Thanks in advance!

1 comment:

Summer said...

That sounds really good. I bet it would even been good spooned over grilled chicken. Thanks for sharing!!!