Inspirational quotes

Goals are the fuel in the furnace of achievement.
Brian Tracy, Eat that Frog

The significance of a man is not in what he attains but in what he longs to attain.
Kahil Gibran

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thanksgiving

Hi all! Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I have been out of town and therefore out of touch. I'm also sick....stuffy ears, runny nose, feeling tired, fever for a few days and sore throat. I got a flu shot so I am hoping it is just a cold or sinus infection.

Every Turkey Day we travel to my hubby's 96 year old grama's place. She is in bad shape and it can be depressing, but she is in good spirits and is well taken care of. She likes to tell stories on my hubby and all my in-laws. She also loves seeing the kids. She is taken care of by her son (hubby's uncle). We always eat at the apartment and it is never what I would call healthy food. More like easy to fix food. Pizza, hot dogs, hamburgers, cake and ice cream...because we always celebrate something. He is also OCD, and get fussy is his plans are not followed. So the only benefit it thatI just don't eat much, even though it isn't healthy. I look forward to getting back to routine this week and hopefully getting back to working out.

I weighed last Wednesday and the news wasn't good. I'm still working on my new attitude. I really want to maintain some control from now to Christmas so things don't get too out of control and I feel like I'm starting over at New Years.

No comments: