Inspirational quotes

Goals are the fuel in the furnace of achievement.
Brian Tracy, Eat that Frog

The significance of a man is not in what he attains but in what he longs to attain.
Kahil Gibran

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Weigh in and working out

I had great intentions yesterday. I packed my clothes and at the end of the day I went in the restroom to change. I put on my shorts, t-shirt, socks, hair in pony tail...shoes?!?! where are my walking shoes?!?!?!???!!!!!! UGH! Geez. So I went sock footed to the car totally bummed. But I didn't give up. I still went to pick up the little one and we worked out in the living room.

I did 3 set of 10 reps on my arms (3 different exercises), 3 sets of 10 pushups on my Bosu ball. I wish my form looked like hers, but I have to do pushups on my knees and I also had my sons rolling his truck across the ball. I did several sets of squats on top of the bosu ball. I think all this took about 15 to 20 mins. Not a ton, but better than just sitting on the couch right? right!
Today my weight was 179.4...going down a little. Progress is progress.
Now on to today's food log.
Breakfast
whole wheat english muffin with almond butter
3/4 a pear
2 cups coffee
Lunch
Lean Cuisine Pannini (planned)
carrot and cheese
Dinner whatever the hubby makes...he says grilled chicken salad.

2 comments:

Summer said...

What do you think of the Bosu ball??? I'm not much of a gym person, but I love the thought of having things here at the house when I get the rare urge to actually workout... hehe

Goaledgirl said...

I bought the Bosu as a gift for the my husband because he really took an interest in it when we saw someone using it on a show. Since then he really hasn't touched it. I've used it several times and like it, just need to use it more.

I like the idea that I can do some exercises while standing on the ball and get the extra core workout. I did this last night with my arm series. I stood on the ball and lifted my 3lbs weights. I had to focus to balance on the ball.

It came with alittle video workout, but I wish I could find more DVDs that use the ball. There are a limited number of things that I can think of to do with it by myself.