Inspirational quotes

Goals are the fuel in the furnace of achievement.
Brian Tracy, Eat that Frog

The significance of a man is not in what he attains but in what he longs to attain.
Kahil Gibran

Monday, December 3, 2007

I have some new inspiration

I have a couple of weightloss heroes (sheroes really) that I would like to give some attention too. First is my cousin...well cousin in law. I haven't seen her in several months. We live in the same city, but life gets busy. Well I saw her at church yesterday (her daughters were in the Christmas program) and she has lots 40 lbs since this summer. I had heard from family that she had started hitting the gym. But when I saw her yesterday I just had to go on and go to her about how great she looked and asked what she was doing. She started walking this summer and decided when she lost X #of lbs she would treat herself with a gym membership. Well she did and now goes to the gym at least a couple of times a week.

The other is blogger friend Shannon. She has really stepped things up the holiday season and is seeing good consistent losses on the scale. She has the turtles to prove it ; ) Way to go Shannon.

I have been so wishy-washy about watching what I eat and exercising lately and it is catching up with me. I have been feeling so blah....so again..today is a new day.

Goals this week....not eating out at lunch, none, nada, zip, zlich.
Walking/working out at least 3 times this week.
Logging my food every day...either here or on a note pad...just somewhere.
No unplanned snacking, that means no nibbling here and there. Just 2 planned health snacks a day.

Food log
breakfast
whole wheat english muffin with almond butter
1 cup skim milk
2 cups coffee

snack - 10 almonds

Lunch - Lean cuisine pizza
carrots with 1 wedge laughing cow light cheese
coke zero

snack - 1oz string cheese

dinner - health by sleath meatloaf
organic mac and cheese 3/4 cup
Salad with walnuts, little bit of crumbled feta, cherry tomatoes with lite rasp. vinegerette.

evening treat hubby made me a non-fat latte

I stayed on plan today....yippie!!

I made a BIG effort to stay away from snack this afternoon and I avoided the cake someone brought in the office kitchen. Staying on plan feels like a really big accomplishment.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so sweet, thank you!! Funny how we find inspiration in others :) I find inspiration in you! Just knowing that you are a strong Christian woman I find myself drawn to your blog. I am constantly cheering you on and learning from you at the same time!

Christine said...

I have been reading Shannon's blog for some time now too! Great on her and I draw inspiration from her too. Thanks for giving her the shout out that she deserves.