Inspirational quotes

Goals are the fuel in the furnace of achievement.
Brian Tracy, Eat that Frog

The significance of a man is not in what he attains but in what he longs to attain.
Kahil Gibran

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Keep Walking

Last week I received 3 comments on my weight or better yet, on my size, because they don't know what I my weigh. Three different co-workers/friends made comments. One said that I "was looking skinny", another said, "Girl, you are looking good in those jeans." and yet another asked if I was losing weight because "I am seeing less and less of you when you walk down the hall." My scale hasn't budged so it makes me think that my walking is slimming me down even if the scale isn't showing it. That or the rules I've learned on "What not to Wear" are really paying off.


Lately I have forgotten my ipod while walking. This leaves me with whatever is in my head. Lately it has been a little song that repeats over and over and over in my head when I am taking my walks. It is from a Veggie Tales DVD called Joshua and the big wall. If there is a little kid in your life that likes Veggie Tales, this is one of their cuter songs in my opinion.

It is called Keep Walking. It is sung by little french peas with little french accents.

It is a mean little song actually. It kind of sounds like a Monte Python song. Here are the actual lyrics and little audio. But here is the piece that keeps repeating in my head.


Keep walking, but you won't knock down our wall.

Keep walking. But she isn't gonna to fall!

It's plain to see, your brains are very small..

To think walking, will be knocking down our wall.


When I was walking on friday afternoon I changed up the lyrics to fit my situation a little better. It goes a little something like this


Keep walking, your butt is getting small.

Keep walking. It will be tiny by the fall!

It's plain to see, it is getting very small..

and to think walking, is what did it all!!!


So to all you walkers out there...Keep walking...your butt is getting small!!!

2 comments:

Chubby Chick said...

LOVE the song!!! lol Thanks for sharing it on my blog today. Your encouragement is SO appreciated. :)

Twix said...

Thank you! I so needed to hear that! LOL!! I know what you mean by the clothes fitting different and the scale not budging! So not fair! Walking is doing that. I noticed myself in the mirror before my shower tonight. I could really tell the difference even a small amount of walking has done. So it is true what my husband preaches, sit on your ass and it will grow! Stand up and move, it will shrink! Definitely showing! I love your line, "It will be tiny by the fall!" Keep it up, so happy for you!