Inspirational quotes

Goals are the fuel in the furnace of achievement.
Brian Tracy, Eat that Frog

The significance of a man is not in what he attains but in what he longs to attain.
Kahil Gibran

Thursday, August 23, 2007

What makes a bargain??????

Really what makes something a bargain?? Are pants a bargain if they only cost $6.80 but don't fit that well or look that great.

A few months ago I bought a pair of capris for $6.80 (size 14). I have something similar in a different brand that fit really well and look good. But $6.80...how could I pass that up. That is a steal. Well my steal turned into a tortue device yesterday.

I finally decided it was the day to bring out the new pants. I should have known...they were pretty tight when I put them on in the morning. But my bargin shopping head said, "they will stretch out during the day and feel fine!!! Plus they were only $6..what a bargain." "Oh SURE THEY WILL" my rational mind says...but the bargin shopping head one out and I wore them.

OMGoodness. I thought I was going to be cut in two when I had to sit in my chair all day. It was muffintop to the tenth power....IT was awful!!!

So were my bargain pants really a bargin??? NO WAY ! They are going in the Goodwill bag.

No comments: