Inspirational quotes

Goals are the fuel in the furnace of achievement.
Brian Tracy, Eat that Frog

The significance of a man is not in what he attains but in what he longs to attain.
Kahil Gibran

Friday, August 31, 2007

Weigh in day and more inspiration

I need to pick an official weigh in day. I don't do Weight Watcher (but I have in the past and really like it) so I don't have a certain day set as my weigh in day. I usually step on the scale every other day or so. When you do that you see daily highs and lows but it is harder to see concrete progress. I used to weigh on Monday's, but I don't like that because I'm not on my best behavior on weekends (usually). I liked it when I weighed in on Tuesday because I left like I had a little distance from the weekend and my body would adjust back to "normal". Fridays might be good because it would be pre-weekend...hmm that is a thought.

I think I will split the difference and try Wednesdays as weigh-in day. So next official weigh-in day will be September 5th.

Now on to a little more inspiration. I have little sayings or reminders posted all over my office. They serve as little reminders of what I am doing and what I am planning to accomplish.

Here is today's:

Look not mournfully into the past, it comes not back again. Wisely improve the present, it is thine. Go forth to meet the shadowy future without fear and with a manly (womanly) heart. Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

This helps remind me that there will be times I "fall off the wagon" and not eat as well as I should, but every new day is a day to start over....put myself 1st again. This also reminds me to not fear the future. Everything changes over time and I can't control that. I just have to deal with what is before me.

I will be out of town for the weekend and I'm planning to really use my hunger scale this weekend and make the best food options that I can. Hope everyone has a great holiday weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wednesdays sound great! Good luck and have a great weekend :)