Inspirational quotes

Goals are the fuel in the furnace of achievement.
Brian Tracy, Eat that Frog

The significance of a man is not in what he attains but in what he longs to attain.
Kahil Gibran

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Waist Ratio

There is another weight related measure to be taken now. Along with BMI, body fat percentage, waist measure and weight...we now have the Waist to Hip ratio. Something to chew on recently discussed the same topic.

I actually like this one, because finally I am not in the "bad" range on something!!!!! (edit....great I just found another site that says I am not in the good range...oh well, that didn't last long. )

I took mine and it turns out to be .75. The idea being are you an apple or a pear? I have always thought I was a pear, just look at my buttttt. Apples carry more weight around their middle (waist) while pears carry more weight around their hips. The apple weight is more dangerous because the fat is being held around your organs and leads to heart disease along with increased risk for diabetes and ovarian cancers.

In Dr. Oz and Dr. Rozen's book You on a Diet. They recommend a waist measure of 32 inches or less in women. I just have an inche to go to be there...but oh so close.

steps walked 8/20/2007 - over 6000 (I am not showing an exact # because I put my pedometer on at about 9am, so I'm just giving a general #)

Today's food log:

Breakfast - english muffins with almond butter (130 + 70)
2 cups coffee with cream (50 cals)

Snack - granola bar (140)
Lunch - vegetable soup (180)
carrots w/cheese (55)
diet DP

Snack - veggie crisps (130)

Dinner
Meatloaf with ketsup(300)
Mac & Cheese (270)
Salad (70)

Hot tea

Wrap-up - I ate around 1400 calories... I had to total them up to see if I could have a little after dinner treat...no such luck ; (

No comments: