Inspirational quotes

Goals are the fuel in the furnace of achievement.
Brian Tracy, Eat that Frog

The significance of a man is not in what he attains but in what he longs to attain.
Kahil Gibran

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Challenge Accepted and keeping secrets

Christine issued a challenge to fellow weight loss bloggers. I'm accepting the challenge to be honest with myself and count the number of days I stayed on track and the number of days that I didn't. When you look back over your day it give you something to strive for...Overall did you make good, healthy choices, or did you make choices that could have been better. Thanks Christine!

The Beck Diet Solution talks about giving yourself credit and this is a great way to do that. The more you give yourself credit for the good decisions you make the more good decisions you will make. It is like strengthening your "resistance" muscle and weakening your "give in" muscle.

Now the other piece of today's post. Are you keeping a secret?? Do people know you are blogging about your weight loss and struggles to live a healthier lifestyle? I am.

SmileyCentral.com

Well you ladies and gents on the world wide web know...but my family doesn't know. Oh they know I blog on my family someplace else, but they don't know about this..yet. I have been thinking of telling my husband what I have started. Mainly just so he doesn't think I'm having an affair or looking at something on the web that I shouldn't be. Now when I'm blogging on this site and he steps over by the computer, I close everything down.

Oh he would be supportive, he always is. He has never struggled with weight issues. His issues are more about keeping weight on, not keeping it off. We both try to eat right and get exercise.

I like the privacy that this platform allows. I can say things and hash things out with myself and others going thru similar issues. People who have never been thru struggles like this don't always understand why I feel like I do....how the littlest comments will make me breakdown...how I take personal comments people make about other people "being fat" and then think to myself..."well if they think they are fat, then I must be a huge pig".

So I think I will be telling my husband but maybe just him for now. I think blogging and reading other's blogs helps keep me focused on my ultimate goal...living a healthy lifestyle forever. And really this blog is for me and living the healthier lifestyle is for me...not because other people think I need to loose weight.

So it will still be our little secret for now.

2 comments:

Chubby Chick said...

I'm glad you're doing Christine's September Challenge! I am, too! I think it's really going to help keep all of us on track this month.

And, yes... I admit... I am keeping a secret, too. lol None of my family or friends have any idea that I am doing a weight loss blog. I'm sure my husband has been wondering what I've been doing on the internet so much lately, too. lol I shut everything down when he walks into the room, too. lol

I think I'm going to keep it a secret. It's just very personal to me, and I just want this to be FOR ME. I don't want to share it with any of my friends and family. I feel that by not sharing it with them... I will tend to not sugar coat things and will be 100% honest with myself about my struggles and weight issues.

For me, blogging is not just a secret. I feel like it's become my SECRET WEAPON. And I want to keep using it to help me lose weight and get healthy. I just don't want anybody to know about it.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the challenge! You are going to do great :)

My husband is the only person that knows. He is super supportive! Thankfully he hasn't asked to read it, I think he know that it would embarass me and that if I keep it private I can be more honest with myself on here. He asks if I have blogged and how my bogging buddies are doing. It is nice to be able to share that with him, but also know he isn't reading it so I can admit my mistakes.