Inspirational quotes

Goals are the fuel in the furnace of achievement.
Brian Tracy, Eat that Frog

The significance of a man is not in what he attains but in what he longs to attain.
Kahil Gibran

Monday, September 10, 2007

Inspiration

CNN has a series called Fit Nation. Here is a little inspiration from someone who has lost 110 lbs.

Three years ago Sharon Twitchell was miserable.

Sharon Twitchell lost 110 pounds and went from wearing a size 22 to a size 2 in 10 months.
more photos »

Carrying 227 pounds on her tiny 5'2" frame, the 51-year-old mother and wife could barely squeeze into her plus-size clothing.

4 comments:

Chubby Chick said...

Wow! Thanks for sharing that link! I LOVE success stories! If Sharon Twitchell can lose weight... so can we!

But it sounds like her husband was kind of a jerk when she didn't fit his idea of the perfect size-2 wife. I love diamonds, but I think I would have told him to take that diamond ring and shove it where the sun doesn't shine. lol

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! I can't believe she did all of that in 10 months!

Anonymous said...

TAG! You are it, check out my blog to see what you have to do :)

Twix said...

The photos are amazing. I'm currently reading one of the Weigh Down books. There has been some stuff in there that is hitting hard and making lots of sense. That couple who used the Weigh Down method sure made a huge transition! Wow! To all of them! Wow!

Move over me next!!! Lol!!

:)