Inspirational quotes

Goals are the fuel in the furnace of achievement.
Brian Tracy, Eat that Frog

The significance of a man is not in what he attains but in what he longs to attain.
Kahil Gibran

Friday, September 14, 2007

Pre-baby after Picture and Current Before Picture

I have always struggled with my weight, but it is a moving target so to speak. When I was in high school, I thought I was "so fat" when I weighed 132. But then again everyone else around around me weight about 105. Then in college I dated a guy who was more obsessed with my weight than I was. I bought into his line of crap and lost it for him...not me. I went from about 150ish to my lowest ever of 127 (or the lowest I can ever remember weighing as an adult and i was only 19 at the time). Then a short time later he broke up with me. I think I remember weighing that 127 a whole 1 day.

More recently I weighed 165 when I got married. Here is the pre-baby after pic.





This is circa summer 2003 and I had lost about 15 to 20 lbs on the South Beach diet. I think I weighed about 167 in this picture. This is when my healthy eating lifestyle started. I started to learn more about eating right. Eating more fruits, veggies and whole grains.

I gained a few pounds after the wedding, you know, wedded bliss and a good honeymoon. Then 1.5 years later I get pregnant. I only gained 33 lbs of "baby weight" but your body is just not in the same shape after that little one is finished with you, ya know?!?!

So here I am at my new before of 188lbs, Christmas 2006. I am 11 months post-pregnancy.
So that is where this blog comes in, it is me and my blogging buddies, holding myself accountable to keep a healthly lifestyle going. We are trying to get pregnant again, but that doesn't mean the healthly lifestyle goes out the window. I will still try and exercise and eat healthy, but weightloss will not be my focus if I get pregnant. But after #2 is here, there is no holding me back. I am going for it. My goal weight will be 145, give or take alittle ; )

6 comments:

Christine said...

I would love to start a family as well - but most certainly important to take care of yourself and your health each day. I had always been concerned about diabetes as well - several friends developed it and it sure didn't look like fun.

Blogging is great - and we can so much strength fom others. We are going to make this happen! Keep it up.

Anonymous said...

You look wonderful! So many people think if they get pregnant they can't continue to be healthy, I am glad you don't think like that!

Twix said...

I think you look great!!!

Wishing you a happy healthy pregnancy when it happens! :D

Beautiful day out! I hope you are able to get out and enjoy!

Chubby Chick said...

Man... I think the best thing you ever "lost" was that guy you dated in college. What a jerk! (Sorry... hope I didn't offend you by saying that. hehe)

I LOVE "before" and "after" pics! But I haven't been brave enough to post any yet. My goal is to get down to 168.4... which is close to what you weighed in the first picture. It's nice to have something to compare my goal weight to. But heck... if I can get down to the weight you are in your second picture... I would be thrilled beyond words! :)

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to stop in and thank your for your kind words on my blog from last night! They really helped me out.

Naturally Blessed said...

your goal sounds doable...you know, its kinda funny...i was just in the shower this morning, thinking, that if i were pregnant (after i was married, preferable)how would i gain a "healthy" amoutn of weight. i have 2 plus sized gfs who didnt gain more than 20 lbs with their pregnancies....there weren't trying to restrict their diets at all...they just didnt feed into the "eating for 2" mentality.

i know every body is different. but i am indeed hoping that when i begin a family, i can fall more in their category...

(finally stumbled back onto your site...this time i'm gonna add you to my list! hope u dont mind)