Inspirational quotes

Goals are the fuel in the furnace of achievement.
Brian Tracy, Eat that Frog

The significance of a man is not in what he attains but in what he longs to attain.
Kahil Gibran

Thursday, September 6, 2007

More credit...and thoughts on diet drinks

Today (or really yesterday and today) I get credit for walking 20+ mins and packing my walking clothes so I can do it again today. I feel like I'm back on track a little. My food choices have been OK...not horrible, not terrific...so all in all...OK.

The thing I'm dealing with now is whether to give up all caffeinated drinks or to just give up diet sodas. More secrets here, but we are trying to get pregnant. We might find out something soon. So the giving up caffeine is a part of that but I have this pull that I should be giving up diet sodas ...caffeine free or not all together. Then there is this other part of me that say....NO don't give up those too, you have already given up so much, what is the harm in a little diet soda now and then. I think my "give in" muscle is trying to test my "resistance" muscle and the "give in" muscle is winning.

3 comments:

Chubby Chick said...

Hmmm... I'm not sure what I would do about the diet soda. I don't really drink it. I pretty much just drink water, skim milk, and orange juice.

It's hard to give up ALL of anything, though. Maybe you could just allow yourself a diet soda one day of the week as a treat for not drinking them the other 6. Caffeine free would probably be a good choice.

Anonymous said...

I have heard so many weird things about diet sodas... I think atleast cutting back would be great. Especially if you are soon to be expecting!

Thank you for your kind words.. I am a little bummed, but after having a good day tomorrow I will be better.

Twix said...

I can't have diet sodas! I'm allergic to the chemicals they call it's like sugar, lol. I haven't given up sodas entirely. I do have an occasional. But the biggest problem with them is that are loaded with way to much corn syrup. I have been trying to get away from corn syrup. As for the baby you hope to be expecting, congrats! I hope your wishes come true!