Inspirational quotes

Goals are the fuel in the furnace of achievement.
Brian Tracy, Eat that Frog

The significance of a man is not in what he attains but in what he longs to attain.
Kahil Gibran

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Benefits of keeping a food journal


I go back and forth (and back and forth and then back again) on keeping a food log. But I have come to realized that is really does help me keep on track with my eating.

I really keeps me honest about what I am eating and makes it harder for me to forget when I slip up. So here I go again. I will be trying to log my food here everyday.

Some links on benefits of keeping a food journal





I am also trying to change my taste buds for sweet. I am cutting down the Splenda I add to coffee and tea. My diet soda comsumption is down too. I will have one here and there but not as many as I used to have. Ooooo more news. I brought my walking clothes today so I can walk after work today. I haven't done this for well over a week.
I will come back and edit this post to include the rest of my food for the day, but so far....

Breakfast

Whole wheat English muffin with almond butter
Decaf Ice tea with 1 splenda

Coffee with 1 splenda and little cup of creamer (15 cals)
snack
5 green olives, 1 kalamata olive (with pits)
Kashi TLC trail mix granola bar (140 cals)
Lunch
small bag of baked lays (140 cals)
turkey breast on whole wheat sandwich
raspberry limon ice tea

Dinner
spinach ravioli with extra spinach and cherry tomatoes
1 slice whole wheat toast
decaf ice tea
Dessert
1 scoop coffee ice cream
(full disclosure - i had a few bites of little one scoop too)




1 comment:

Chubby Chick said...

I keep track of all my food choices with FitDay. I really like it. It helps me to stay on track with my calories each day.

No matter what the method... I think that food journaling is a great strategy for success!