Inspirational quotes

Goals are the fuel in the furnace of achievement.
Brian Tracy, Eat that Frog

The significance of a man is not in what he attains but in what he longs to attain.
Kahil Gibran

Sunday, October 7, 2007

A long path

I heard these 2 phrases in sunday school.
#1 - We get bored and we give up

#2 - A Long obedience in the same direction.

Both can sum up my experience with weight loss, now and in the past. Many, many, many times I have gotten bored and given up. I lose a little and then it stops (I get bored). Then I give up. I give up the eating right, I give up the exercise, I give up hope.

But the #2 phrase is the one I feel fits my current situation. It is a long path, this changing your lifestyle to a healthier one. It takes time and effort that can't be achieved quickly. I have made great strides in the last 5 years. My eating habits and what I eat have changed drastically. They aren't perfect, but they are much improved. So I need to continue to be obedient and not give up so easily.

So here is to continued obedience in the same direction. We may stumble and fall, but lets fall forward and not backwards.

1 comment:

Chubby Chick said...

Great post! We are NOT going to give up this time! :)