Inspirational quotes

Goals are the fuel in the furnace of achievement.
Brian Tracy, Eat that Frog

The significance of a man is not in what he attains but in what he longs to attain.
Kahil Gibran

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Geez, what was I thinking

Well I was thinking. Well I kind of was, but I wasn't listen to my smarter inner voice...I was instead listening to my sabotaging "I can't be thin" voice. I went to Walgreens to get some cash and some greeting cards. I walked out with Cheezums! WHAT IN HEAVEN'S NAME WAS I THINKING. Now something similar has happened before when i went to Walgreens. But I need to get to the heart of why I do it. I think this time it is stress/emotional eating. I have been super busy at work (no excuse) and I have to back to back weekend of going out of town for business and for personal reasons. I think the stress of all this busy-ness has gotten to me. I can't believe I ate those stupid chips. And the worst part is I did it all in secret. Secret eating it the worst because if it were okay you wouldn't feel the need to finish the food before you get home to you husband and plan to throw the "evidence" out the next day so he won't see it.

I need to start setting more mini-goals about my eating again. Small doable things that help me feel in control of myself and my eating.

1 comment:

Chubby Chick said...

I've asked myself that a lot this week... "Girl, what were you THINKING???" In fact, I just commented about that on another blog. lol

I hate it when I eat because of stress! And I've been doing that a lot this month. I cannot wait until my company goes home and I can totally refocus and get back to normal with my eating and exercise routine!

Hang in there. We all slip up from time to time. Better days are ahead! :)